Team Advent Requiem Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Advent Requiem. Keep it polite (Unless friendly banter of course.)
 
HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 i like stun decks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
[ANR]BabyFaceFader
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 21
Join date : 2012-10-11
Age : 26
Location : 122 and an eight

PostSubject: i like stun decks   Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:32 pm

from rock stun, to malefics, to my home made madness; without a doubt my favorite kind of deck is a stun variant.

this is the current malefic deck i run, and this is one of the two decks im taking to ycs rhode island. the other deck i plan o taking is my home made madness (but im running it in the tourny and dont want to give it away Suspect ill prob post the deck list after the first round when everyone knows what im playing)

Monsters (14)
malefic cyber end xxx
malefic stardust dragon xx
malefic truth dragon x
fusilier dragon, the dual-mode beast xxx
ancient gear gadjiltron dragon
gravekeeper's commandont xx
cardcard D xx

Spells (16)
terraforming xx
geartown xx
necrovalley xx
the seal of oricalcos x
forbidden lance xx
forbidden chalice x
pot of duality xx
limiter removal x
heavy storm x
dark hole x
monster reborn x

Traps (11)
skill drain xxx
eradicator epidemic virus xx
mind crush xx
solemn judgment x
dark bribe xx
starlight road


Side deck (15)

d.d. assailant xx
M.S.T. xx
dimensional fissure xxx
royal tribute xx
necrovalley x
gozen match xx
summon limit xx
deck devastation virus x



let me know what you think

also let me know if you have any side deck suggestions; this deck has a generic side for the meta and the two d.d.s are for the mirror (which is the hardest match up)
Back to top Go down
drmandingo
Member
Member


Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-10-12

PostSubject: Re: i like stun decks   Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:08 pm

[ANR]BabyFaceFader wrote:
from rock stun, to malefics, to my home made madness; without a doubt my favorite kind of deck is a stun variant.

this is the current malefic deck i run, and this is one of the two decks im taking to ycs rhode island. the other deck i plan o taking is my home made madness (but im running it in the tourny and dont want to give it away Suspect ill prob post the deck list after the first round when everyone knows what im playing)

Monsters (14)
malefic cyber end xxx
malefic stardust dragon xx
malefic truth dragon x
fusilier dragon, the dual-mode beast xxx
ancient gear gadjiltron dragon
gravekeeper's commandont xx
cardcard D xx

Spells (16)
terraforming xx
geartown xx
necrovalley xx
the seal of oricalcos x
forbidden lance xx
forbidden chalice x
pot of duality xx
limiter removal x
heavy storm x
dark hole x
monster reborn x

Traps (11)
skill drain xxx
eradicator epidemic virus xx
mind crush xx
solemn judgment x
dark bribe xx
starlight road


Side deck (15)

d.d. assailant xx
M.S.T. xx
dimensional fissure xxx
royal tribute xx
necrovalley x
gozen match xx
summon limit xx
deck devastation virus x



let me know what you think

also let me know if you have any side deck suggestions; this deck has a generic side for the meta and the two d.d.s are for the mirror (which is the hardest match up)

first off i dont like malefic truth. he does not rreally help as much as you may think because when people kill your malefics, often time you wont have a field spell to cover him anyway. ( at least from my play experience ) also, last time i checked malefic truth can not be played if a malefic dies off his own card effect. so because of that, i would switch truth for meklord emporer wisel.

secondly from my own playtesting experience, dark world decks can really crap hard on malefics. so for that reason fusiler dragon is not that great of a pick in here to me. i also see you have viruses and i would honestly side deck those. anyway i would side deck the viruses and then put in 2 doomcals over the fusilers. also, you could maybe increase your monster count to somehow include thunder kings to either your main or side. i love thunder kings with a seal down. 2400 t king is really dangerous.

now onto the spells and traps. first and foremost, take out reborn. you only have 3 legitimate targets for it and you dont want to depend on your monsters cards to reborn. i suggest getting an allure. plenty of darks and it will help speed things up. besides you probably wont be slamming every single dark monster in your deck before the game ends anyway, you can part with 1.

next i would take out chalice. besides hitting your fusiler i dont see where it helps you. i would replace it with an evac, i will get to why later.

mind crush is potentially a great card in this deck, however i would replace them both with 2 torrentials. now here is where the evac comes in. one of the ways i like to play with my malefics is to slam a malefic activate a torrent, then evac my own malefic. i can immideatly re slam my malefic with open field. its one way i combo to open up for a direct attack with a direct attack with cyber end limit removal. yea i know its a big ass long shot combo but it can pay off. the eradicators, i would move to the side also for 2 bottomless. this will help you more with plays against low spell trap decks. you can always side them in later.
starlight road is great but if u want another option, not saying you have to do this, but you could add a third malefic stardust and switch your slr for huge revoloution is over. again this is something im currently experimenting with and u dont have to do this. now for your side deck.

first and foremost, i would put in 2 of your eradicators in here.
then 1-2 deck devistation viruses
2-3 d fissures
2 shadow-imp mirror ( lets u not pay life points against other dark decks and shuts them down while supporting you. good against inzektors dark world blackwing ( if u happen to see 1 lol) and any other of the decks that dont get hurt to terribly by skill drain.
i would not run the dd assailants in here because you skill drain this could backfire. i would go with 2 soul takers instead
i guess you are siding in the necrovalley and the royal tributes for if you go second or if u dont play dark world. good idea
that brings you up to 13

lastly, i dont like summon limit. in its place i would put either 2 thunder kings, 2 cyber dragons, 2 system downs, maxx c's , veilers ( in case u play sams or wind ups or something and dont go first. ) 1-2 zombie worlds, ( great against rabbits and bubble beat ) 1-2 prohibitions or your 2 spaces. i guess you can use these 2 spots for whatever you feel is really necessary. personally i wouldnt summon limit because alot of stuff can still get by you with even 2 summons. so if you want summon limit how about kaiser colleseum? yea i know it doesnt work if you dont have a monster but malefics cant just be rolled over on. and if you can protect your monster you will shut down alot of decks.

anyway heres what my own malefic deck list looks like if you wanted some ideas. i know its a long list but i figured more information is better then less. welp those are my suggestions. cya
Back to top Go down
[ANR]BabyFaceFader
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 21
Join date : 2012-10-11
Age : 26
Location : 122 and an eight

PostSubject: Re: i like stun decks   Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:50 pm

holy shit, thats an amazing deck analysis. thank you for that. sadly i have scrapped this version of malefics all together for it could draw hands that would just auto lose, and if i didnt have a field spell i would also auto lose.

iv decided to make my malefics into a machina malefic deck. much more consistent, many more plays, and better top decks. the deck is listed down below

https://i.imgur.com/BUFgH.png
Back to top Go down
drmandingo
Member
Member


Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-10-12

PostSubject: Re: i like stun decks   Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:17 pm

[ANR]BabyFaceFader wrote:
holy shit, thats an amazing deck analysis. thank you for that. sadly i have scrapped this version of malefics all together for it could draw hands that would just auto lose, and if i didnt have a field spell i would also auto lose.

iv decided to make my malefics into a machina malefic deck. much more consistent, many more plays, and better top decks. the deck is listed down below

https://i.imgur.com/BUFgH.png

i still feel the same way about that malefic truth. youll be better off with wisel. i also absolutely loathe machina cannon. god i hate that card. also u dont need 3 terraforming. id swap 1 out for a third skill drain. it will end up being more useful for you. ( they will get spaced alot) if u do do that though then switch your 2 solem warnings for 2 bottomless or 2 evacs. in many of my skill drain decks ( i have like 4) i dont even run warning because i find that more often than not i cant afford the payment or im forced to use it long before i want to. i would still try to get doomcals or something around here especially sense if you do it like this you cant side d fissure, it will cripple your plays. doomcal will fuck up those annoying dark worlds and those atlanteans which like to pop everything you do from the graveyard.



then personally i dot like 2 necrovalleys with 2 royal tributes. but thats my own personal preference if it works for u then go for it. if you do it like this, then i woud side 1 deck dev and 1 eradicator. then i would take the machina cannon out for a third malefic stardust and switch starlight road for huge revoloution. that way you can virus decks and really cripple your opponents. all my side deck opinions still remain the same so i dont feel the need to go over that again. oh oh also. - 1 beast king barb and -1 machina gearframe and add in 2 cardcards. u should still really really really really consider those doomcals. graveyard effect decks are annoying as fuck when u run malefics.

also 1 more thing, be careful with lance. if you have to lance a malefic with no fieldspell up, it dies. im pretty sure u knew this but it was just a friendly reminder.
Back to top Go down
(ANR)LGH
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2012-10-09

PostSubject: Re: i like stun decks   Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:12 am

wow great deck analysis now hippo is a tester mabye u can be the deck consultant Very Happy
Back to top Go down
drmandingo
Member
Member


Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-10-12

PostSubject: Re: i like stun decks   Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:33 pm

(ANR)LGH wrote:
wow great deck analysis now hippo is a tester mabye u can be the deck consultant Very Happy

i was really only able to analyze this deck because i play this often and have tried many variants of malefics. i havent been back into the game very long so there are still alot of archetypes i dont know the in's and outs of yet. i can do pretty well with various anti meta decks however as thats generally my playstyle ( when im not trying to otk with my heroes)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: i like stun decks   

Back to top Go down
 
i like stun decks
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» help me make some decks

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Advent Requiem Official Forum :: Deck Dome :: Deck area-
Jump to: